Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Creative portrait


For my creative portrait I decided to go for the horizontal framing, also I placed the head in the middle of the frame which by the way i kept in the 2:3 ratio. The lighting consisted of two 500 watts tungsten lamps, one pointing directly to Erica but with a diffuser and the second one reflected in a white panel to fill the shadows.

I tried many things for this creative portrait, from people in Halloween costumes to uncommon backgrounds but at the end decided to chose this quite simple portrait of Erica smiling as if it was her birthday. I think it represents quite good her personality because every time I have seen her she's smiling in a sweet way.

5 comments:

  1. I really like how you captured Erica in a natural way, it almost feels like a candid shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light is beautiful! I don't know if you desaturated a little bit the colors but I like the tones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lighting is beautiful on Erica's photo. It made me want to look at it for a long time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple but so effective, a really beautiful picture and that smile is so cute ahah. Usually I don't like when the face is in the middle but in this case it works out pretty well. Good lighting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful smile, beautiful facial lighting.

    Horizontal crop works well

    ReplyDelete